Orchestrate Import finds no tables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I am not currently on 7.5x & Oracle & AIX but I have worked on that configuration. Importing Oracle metadata worked, my first thought is that your issue revolves around access rights. Can you get a friendly DBA to come over and use his/her godlike ID to see if the metadata is visible?
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

Thanks for reply, it wasn't access rights, I had already tried SYSTEM login.

I raised a case with IBM support and after installing v7.5.3 they reproduced the problem so an ecase has been raised.

I am suprised that nobody else has come across the problem but I guess nobody is using 7.5.3 with EE yet.

If you are thinking about using 7.5.3 I would check that this is not an issue on your platform or that the patch/fix has been produced by software group.

I have rolled back to 7.5.2 and it works fine.
Regards,

Nick.
bensonian
Participant

Post by bensonian »

Actually i am having the same issue when i am trying to browse for the table names based upon the owner. I could individually enter the <schema-name>.<tablename> and can retreive and import meta data, where is if i try to import them based upon owner. By the way the version 8.0.1 and Oracle 10g

Error message:

"Cannot get list of table names from database"