Check to ETL job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aschand
Participant

Check to ETL job

Post by aschand »

Add a check to the ETL job, if Legacy_ID starts with "GT" and MLAN_ALAND = null for that part, also let this condition add an additional MAKT row for SPRAS of "L", using the MAKT_MAKTX_PL for the description value.

please help me how to write the logic

thanks
aschand
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

aschand - please take a step back and assume that we have no idea as to what any of the columns mean. What are you asking for help on? Syntax? Null Handling? Adding an extra row?
dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dspxlearn »

aschand,

You mean that

Code: Select all

Legacy_ID starts with "GT" and MLAN_ALAND = null 
is condition 1 and after checking this we should extract records with the below constraint:

Code: Select all

MAKT row for SPRAS of "L", using the MAKT_MAKTX_PL 
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn
aschand
Participant

Post by aschand »

Yes what you said is somw what yes. But my question is what is meant by adding a check in ETL job for that particular column where we find the value as "GT"
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

aschand wrote:Yes what you said is somw what yes. But my question is what is meant by adding a check in ETL job for that particular column where we find the value as "GT"
That, as dspxlearn indicated, is the equivalent of defining a constraint (or check).
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

These kind of questions should go back to whomever gave you those requirements. They are the only ones who can determine if you are interpreting them correctly, not us.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers