oracle insert issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dnat
Participant

oracle insert issue

Post by dnat »

Hi,

I have a job where i have two inputs. One sequential file and one Oracle table. I do a change capture and then insert/update the new/changed records in the same oracle table(source). I am encountering an issue here. When i run the job for the first time, all the records in the sequential file are new records and get inserted. But one field is not getting inserted properly, i.e the value for column A shows as null. When i run the job for the second time, it is considered as an edit record and gets updated in the table. column A is one of the Change values column.

When i run the job with one or two records, it is getting inserted properly. I find it so wierd but could not find out what the problem is.
Column A is a varchar field and i have checked the meta data and it is the same throughout.

Can anyone help
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

I am not sure what the problem is, so I'm throwing out a wild guess:

Make sure your key column is never null.
dnat
Participant

Post by dnat »

Hi,

All the null values are handled, but still the issue persists.

I changed the Oracle setting to "Insert then Update" and i am not having any issues. Earlier i had used "Update then insert" .

But i am updating with the key which is the unique index of the table.

Any ideas wh it is varying.