Oralce enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

just4u_sharath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oralce enterprise Stage

Post by just4u_sharath »

I have a scenario where i am extracting data from Oracle database and manking tranformations on that data. So my first stage will be oracle enterprise stage to pull data and from there the job flows. My concern here is if i put the nullable filed of a column to 'NO' in the stage and i got a record with null from database, the record will be dropped. but this is not issued as a warning. When i check the director i can see records rejected. No error. No warning. Now how can i capture these rejected records. Already there is one outputlink from oracle stage which goes to tranformer. so i cannot put any more output links to collect reject records. how can i get through this issue. Please reply
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Never lie about metadata. Import the table definition from Oracle (preferably using the orchdbutil utility) and use that in your job. You must read the NULL column from Oracle and deal with them in your job design.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.