Error while connecting to DB2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error while connecting to DB2

Post by ag_ram »

Hi all,

I am trying to extract data from the DB2 tables. i have used a DB2 API stage to extract the data and for the server name i have used the user defined administrator variable #$IMM_LGY_DB_DSN#.

Now iam getting an error saying that "Unable to connect to DB2 server '#DSCAPIOP__IMM_LGY_DB_DSN#' ". But iam not using this variable at all.

Now i have created a dsx file for this job and in the dsx intrestingly i have seen the parameter under the property MetaBag "CMetaProperty". This is as shown below.

MetaBag "CMetaProperty"
BEGIN DSSUBRECORD
Owner "APT"
Name "AdvancedRuntimeOptions"
Value "#DSProjectARTOptions#"
END DSSUBRECORD
BEGIN DSSUBRECORD
Owner "EncOrpheusParam"
Name "$IMM_LGY_DB_DSN"
Value "DSCAPIOP__IMM_LGY_DB_DSN"
END DSSUBRECORD

Why datastage is taking the parameter like this? what is this MetaBag? Where can we see these properties?
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Error while connecting to DB2

Post by sud »

Please check if the connection works if you don't use the environment variable and hard code the value in the property.
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

MetaBag is a name used to indicate a collection.

In your post there is a collection of metadata properties (the CMetaProperty tag indicates this). There is only one metadata property in the collection - the name of the property is Advanced Runtime Options and its value is the job parameter reference.

The advanced runtime properties field can be seen on the Execution tab of the job properties dialog. The (internal) job parameter reference usually occurs when the "include project setting" check box is checked, which is the default behaviour.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.