Error while connecting to DB2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error while connecting to DB2

Post by ag_ram »

Hi all,

I am trying to extract data from the DB2 tables. i have used a DB2 API stage to extract the data and for the server name i have used the user defined administrator variable #$IMM_LGY_DB_DSN#.

Now iam getting an error saying that "Unable to connect to DB2 server '#DSCAPIOP__IMM_LGY_DB_DSN#' ". But iam not using this variable at all.

Now i have created a dsx file for this job and in the dsx intrestingly i have seen the parameter under the property MetaBag "CMetaProperty". This is as shown below.

MetaBag "CMetaProperty"
BEGIN DSSUBRECORD
Owner "APT"
Name "AdvancedRuntimeOptions"
Value "#DSProjectARTOptions#"
END DSSUBRECORD
BEGIN DSSUBRECORD
Owner "EncOrpheusParam"
Name "$IMM_LGY_DB_DSN"
Value "DSCAPIOP__IMM_LGY_DB_DSN"
END DSSUBRECORD

Why datastage is taking the parameter like this? what is this MetaBag? Where can we see these properties?
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Error while connecting to DB2

Post by MT »

Hi

have you done other extracts from DB2 before or is this your first try?

If you haven't extracted data from the server before check out
the DB2 connectivity
There is a good document under
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/l ... dm-0609xu/

I have done lots of extracts from DB2 but I have never seen that error.

kind regards
Michael
ag_ram wrote:Hi all,

I am trying to extract data from the DB2 tables. i have used a DB2 API stage to extract the data and for the server name i have used the user defined administrator variable #$IMM_LGY_DB_DSN#.

Now iam getting an error saying that "Unable to connect to DB2 server '#DSCAPIOP__IMM_LGY_DB_DSN#' ". But iam not using this variable at all.

Now i have created a dsx file for this job and in the dsx intrestingly i have seen the parameter under the property MetaBag "CMetaProperty". This is as shown below.

MetaBag "CMetaProperty"
BEGIN DSSUBRECORD
Owner "APT"
Name "AdvancedRuntimeOptions"
Value "#DSProjectARTOptions#"
END DSSUBRECORD
BEGIN DSSUBRECORD
Owner "EncOrpheusParam"
Name "$IMM_LGY_DB_DSN"
Value "DSCAPIOP__IMM_LGY_DB_DSN"
END DSSUBRECORD

Why datastage is taking the parameter like this? what is this MetaBag? Where can we see these properties?
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

Till yesterday it is running fine. Today only we are getting this error. In other dsx's also i have checked and we are having this similar parameter defined. But they are running fine.

Thanks in advance,
Raj Kiran Kaile.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ag_ram wrote:Till yesterday it is running fine. Today only we are getting this error.
What has changed? Obviously something has.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.