Could not check all operators because of previous error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raghu.chandra
Participant

Could not check all operators because of previous error

Post by raghu.chandra »

Hi,

I am loading data by using oracle stage. While running the job i am getting this error only-

Could not check all operators because of previous error(s).

Can anyone help me out to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.
Raghuraj Singh Chandra,Software Engineer
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You are not getting that error only. It never appears in isolation. What other warnings or errors have been logged? Please post the exact messages (copy/paste - do not transcribe and especially do not attempt to add your own interpretations).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
raghu.chandra
Participant

Post by raghu.chandra »

ray.wurlod wrote:You are not getting that error only. It never appears in isolation. What other warnings or errors have been logged? Please post the exact messages (copy/paste - do not transcribe and especially do ...
Hi Ray,

Thanks for replying. I can not attach the screen shot but i am writing the line. By seeing that i think u can beleive that what i am saying.i know its very difficult to predict the things by seeing few lines.
----------------------
Info main_program:This step has no datasets. (..)
Fatal main_program:Could not check all operators because of previous errors.
Fatal main_program:Creation of a step finished with status=FAIELD.
Control job aborted.
---------------------------
and more info lines. But no warings and no errors excpet for that.
Raghuraj Singh Chandra,Software Engineer
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This step has no datasets is the score used for licensing. It is an Informational message.

But the message "Control job aborted" is significant. This job was being run under control (of a job sequence, a batch or a job control routine). You need to look in the log of the controlled to find out why THAT had a problem. If there was a Terminator activity, or automatic handling of failed activities and no Exception Handler, then that might explain why this job (the one about which you are posting) was halted.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.