SQL Server load problems

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

SQL Server load problems

Post by ShaneMuir »

I have a simple job (sql -> lookup -> transform -> sql) which was working fine with a sequential file as the target but when I change the target to a SQL server stage it falls in a heap.

The transformer in question maps the source columns to the target columns (ie the column names are completely different) with a small amount of manipulation. The target column meta data was imported. However the transform seems to pass not only the target columns but also the raw data to the db. I was able to confirm this by changing the Write Mode from Truncate to Replace. When I then checked the db it contained the nicely converted data but also all the columns and raw data from the source :shock:

I have rebuilt the job again and the same thing is happening.

I am assuming that this is not normal behaviour, so if anybody else has had similar problems I would love to hear if you were able to solve it.

Thanks in advance

Shane
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That definitely sounds like a bug. Have you reported it through your support provider? Clearly you can generate a reproducible case. When you say "SQL Server stage" I presume you mean "SQL Server Enterprise stage"? Are you selecting from the same table that you are updating?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

ray.wurlod wrote:That definitely sounds like a bug. Have you reported it through your support provider? Clearly you can generate a reproducible case. When you say "SQL Server stage" I presume you mean "SQL Server Enterprise stage"? Are you selecting from the same table that you are updating?
Hi Ray,

A reproducible case seems random - I played around a little yesterday, inserted a peek stage between the transform and the sql sever enterprise stage to have a look what was being passed and suddenly it started working, removed the peek stage and all was fine still. Although a colleague here had the same problem yesterday in a new job that they had created. (she got around it by setting the truncate column option).

Will note it down and report it.

Thanks