To Delete read only routines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhavan VM
Participant

To Delete read only routines

Post by Madhavan VM »

Hello All,

I have a set of routines which are in read only mode. I want to delete or over write them.

1. The simplest: I exported the modifed routine to over write the existing one. But could not: Because I was not able to over write a read only routine.

2. I failed in deleting the read only routines.

3. I exported the dsx of routines. Updated the "Readonly" value from 1 to 0 and then tried re-exporting it. Could not do it: reason same as point 1.

4. I could see from the post's that I will be able to make the routine in editable form If I execute the below command:

UPDATE DS_ROUTINES SET READONLY = 'NRO' WHERE DSRID = routinename;

where routinename is the name of a routine under my folder, RoutineFolder.

I executed this in administrator and it was not working. Might be my mistake.

Would some one be able to help me with deleting or over writing the routine?
warm regards,
Ajith GK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It would have been useful had you posted the error message generated rather than "it was not working".

Regular SQL rules apply even in DataStage/SQL. The routinename is a string (VarChar) data type, and so the value in the WHERE clause needs to be surrounded with single quote characters.

Code: Select all

UPDATE DS_ROUTINES SET READONLY = 'NRO' WHERE DSRID = 'routinename'; 
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Madhavan VM
Participant

Post by Madhavan VM »

Thank you Ray!!

Sometimes, just a spark is needed to ignite the engine :)

I was able to update the routines as NRO using the command in my above post. The only difference I made was considered the DSRID field as varchar. Thanks for the input.
warm regards,
Ajith GK