xformer partition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

just4u_sharath
Premium Member
Premium Member

xformer partition

Post by just4u_sharath »

When i put same partition in xformer theres a warning saying only entire is allowed? Why is this warning coming? cant i put same partiton in transformer. And as well what partition i have to use for lookup reference link and input link. Should i use entire partition for reference links.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Post the exact error message. Any partitioning is permitted on the input to a Transformer stage, subject to the Preserve Partitioning flag of the stage upstream from it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mcs_murali83
Participant

Partition

Post by mcs_murali83 »

Hai

Same partition can't be used in transformer bcos if u r using the hash/entire/any other partition before transformer or any other stage, if u want to continue the hash partition for the remaining part of u r job, then go for the same partition.

for lookup better to use entire partition & for transformer hash partition is better to use.
Murali
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can NOT make such sweeping generalizations. If the next stage downstream of a Transformer stage is a DB2/UDB Enterprise stage loading a partitioned table, for example, then probably the best partitioning algorithm for the Transformer stage (and, if possible, any upstream stages) is DB2.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.