Belongs to look up

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsdv78
Participant

Belongs to look up

Post by dsdv78 »

Hi all,

In my job i am using look up table has column names location where location contains two values like store and wh..

We have to check that look up table inorder to get the data w.r.to these locations store and wh..

We have to check for a condition whether location belongs store or wh.store and wh tables are from same schema.where ar look up is different schema.

Thanks
DSDV
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For starters, delete the duplicate post before anyone responds to it.

How are you initially populating the lookup table?

What is "ar lookup"?

Can you load a local structure, such as a Lookup File Set, with the data from the reference table?
If not, why not?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsdv78
Participant

Post by dsdv78 »

ray.wurlod wrote:For starters, delete the duplicate post before anyone responds to it.

How are you initially populating the lookup table?

What is "ar lookup"?

Can you load a local structure, such as a Lookup ...
Hi,
"ar look up" wrong only "look up"...
my doubt regarding transformer stage.. in transformer stage which condition will be applicable..

Thanks
DSDV
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In parallel jobs you don't do lookups with Transformer stage; there is an explicit Lookup stage. It supports an reject link down which input rows can be sent if the lookup fails.

Alternately you can have all rows sent to the output of the Lookup stage; for those for which the lookup failed all fields derived from the reference input will be NULL so you can test for null in the downstream Transformer or Modify stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.