message handler file not found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

amit_dwh
Participant

message handler file not found

Post by amit_dwh »

i am trying to compile one of my jobs and the error i get is :
message handler file .msh not found.

where can i get this file from or what excatly is supposed to be done?

Thanks
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Was that newly imported job?
You may need to import the Message handler from the previous project that has been used for that particular job.
Search for Message handler you ll get to know how to move it. In Director you can find the option to save the Message handlers used for that particular file. You can save and move it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Message handlers are not exported automatically; you need to make your own arrangements.

Local message handlers (linked to a specific job) are in files called Local.msh which are stored in a subdirectory called RT_SCnnn in the project on the server.

Named message handlers are in files called name.msh and are stored centrally, in the DataStage installation directory in a sub-directory called MsgHandlers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.