XMLInput stage Group column in Output columns

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dav_mcnair
Premium Member
Premium Member

XMLInput stage Group column in Output columns

Post by dav_mcnair »

I cannot find any documentation on the usage of the "Group" column for the Output column definitiions. Can someone please explain the usage.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Can you be more explicit? Which "group" property are you referring to and where (Stage/Tab/release/Server vs EE)....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
dav_mcnair
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dav_mcnair »

Sorry for lack of detail!!

This field is an attribute of all columns on the XMLInput stage "Output" tab. It is located between the column_name and derivation attributes.

This is being used in a parallel job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe that the Group field is used in the XML input stage. The Columns grid is a generic control; the Group field is used when the grid appears in a stage performing an SQL SELECT operation (to add a GROUP BY clause in the statement; non-grouped fields require set operations such as COUNT, SUM, AVG) or in the output link of an Aggregator stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.