Hash table (hash partition)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

just4u_sharath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4u_sharath »

In the aggregation i have used hash partition. Now my warning is
"Hash table has grown to 32768 entries". This is only a warning. but what should i do now to eliminate these warnings
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Process data containing fewer distinct reference key values would be one way. Use more partitions would help too. Finding a different strategy, such as a sparse lookup or a Join or Merge stage might be another alternative.

As you note, it is only an alert. You could create a message handler to demote its severity from Warning to Informational.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
just4u_sharath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4u_sharath »

ray.wurlod wrote:Process data containing fewer distinct reference key values would be one way. Use more partitions would help too. Finding a different strategy, such as a sparse lookup or a Join or Merge stage might be another alternative.

As you note, it is only an alert. You could create a message handler to demote its severity from Warning to Informational.
What is message hnadler and how can i create it
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In the director job log, right-mouse click on the message you wish to handle and one of the options is, if I recall correctly, "message handler" or something very similar. The documentation also details how to create and use message handlers.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't you have manuals or on-line help?
:roll:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.