How to load spreadsheets data into SQL Server thru Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aschand
Participant

How to load spreadsheets data into SQL Server thru Datastage

Post by aschand »

Hi,

Can any one please explain me the procedure of loading a spread sheet data into a SQL Server with the table created already in the SQL Server using Datastage where SQL Server is the source.

Thanks for your Help
aschand
ds2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds2000 »

If source is spread sheet then just use the SEQUENTIAL FILE stage and link to database stage. do your transformation in any appropriate stage or use transformer in between.
aschand
Participant

Post by aschand »

Thanks for your reply....

But here the source is SQL Server... So how do I load spreadsheet data into SQL Server using Datastage Parallel job?

ds2000 wrote:If source is spread sheet then just use the SEQUENTIAL FILE stage and link to database stage. do your transformation in any appropriate stage or use transformer in between.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Source is SQL Server. Target is SQL Server. Where does "spreadsheet" come into the picture?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rjhcc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Which is it: SQL or Excell?

Post by rjhcc »

You are asking how to load an Excell file into SQL Server and you have been shown how.

I'm not sure I know how your data can be an Excell file and a SQL Server table at the same time.

Please clarify.....be specific...
rjhcc