surrogate ky generator problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prams
Participant

surrogate ky generator problem

Post by prams »

Hi
in one of my requirement i need to generate sequence number in the target file like

SeqNum| CustName|
0001 | aaaaa
0002 | bbbbbbb
0003 | fdaggghhh

this is my requrement but i am not able get it through surrogate key generator it is giving like 1 2 3 4 like this.

Pls any one can help me

Thanks in Advance

prams
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you saying that you are getting "1" but wish to output "0001"? The generator is creating a number which never has leading spaces. There are many ways to create a string like this, one way would be to use the derivation "RIGHT('0000':DecimalToString(In.SequenceColumn),4)"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Note: the generator is creating a number.

You can not apply the transformation within the generator operator. You must add the leading zeroes in a downstream Transformer stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

ray.wurlod wrote:Note: the generator is creating a number.

You can not apply the transformation within the generator operator. You must add the leading zeroes in a downstream Transformer stage. ...

You can change the datatype in surrogate key generator from unsigned bigint to Number of length greater than length of bigint

Not satisfied with the answer?

then post discriptive query.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: