how it will work the SCD stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thumati.praveen
Participant

how it will work the SCD stage

Post by thumati.praveen »

Hi,

i have developed one job.In that i am trying to maintaine the SCD Type2 updates. my job design is like this:
DBstageLookup
|
|
V
seqFile------>SCD-------->SeqFile
|
|
V
DBstageUpdate

it is every time inserting two new records one with old values and one with new values.
The problem the record is already existed in the dimension table that is leaving as it is.

This means i have two record with same surrogate key in the dimension table why i got this error i dont know can any one have any idea.

The SCD stage is inserting 2 records insted of updating the old record and insert new record.

Please tell me how to resolve this.

Thanks inadvance,
Pravin
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Describe - exactly - how you have set up the SCD stage - ideally with a picture of each tab.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
thumati.praveen
Participant

ray.wurlod wrote:Describe - exactly - how you have set up the SCD stage - ideally with a picture of each tab. ...
Thanks for your reply.

I was done by using database constraints.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is not possible to use database constraints in an SCD stage therefore I ask again for you to describe exactly what you are doing in the SCD stage.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
thumati.praveen
Participant

ray.wurlod wrote:It is not possible to use database constraints in an SCD stage therefore I ask again for you to describe exactly what you are doing in the SCD stage. ...
HI ray,

before that it in the database their is no constraint thats why it was did.

Thanks,
Praveen
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You still have not described exactly what you are doing in the SCD stage which is what was requested.