Performance of job ? If we use funnel stage as a reference.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

singhald
Participant

Performance of job ? If we use funnel stage as a reference.

Post by singhald »

Hi

I am using the funnel stage to do the lookup with lookup stage. I have tested this with few source records and few reference records, now I want to know if I use the same lookup in production server the performance of the job will be good or bad?
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You will need to re-think the description and post the job design here. A Funnel stage can not be used to perform a lookup; the closest analogy to what it does is to perform a UNION ALL of the rows from its input links. Do you mean that a Funnel stage feeds the reference input link to a Lookup stage? Anyway, when we see your job design that should be clear. Don't forget to enclose your design in Code tags.

Answering the first part of your question will be impossible unless you define what you mean be "performance" in an ETL context. Rows/sec is an almost completely meaningless metric.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.