SCD stage compilation error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venki
Participant

SCD stage compilation error

Post by venki »

Hi,

I am facing problem with SCD stage while compliing the job it is giving the following error

"If at least one type 2 column present,then SCd stage requireds either a current indicator column or expire date column(or both) to be present inthe dimension table.

but in my SCD stage both having...

Any ideas....

Regards,
venki
venki
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps the word "either" means that you must have one but must not have both. But that seems strange to me. Experiment further. Let us know.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

stage not available

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi ,
I have not come accross the stage in my Datastage Enterprise Edition 7.2. I have searched the manuals too .but i dont find any clue on where the stage is :roll:
Regards
Ragu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

New in the 8.x release.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Post (fully) what's on each of the four tabs in your SCD stage. Without that it's difficult to diagnose. Verify your assertion that you have both a current indicator column and an expiry date column.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
thumati.praveen
Participant

Post by thumati.praveen »

this problem comes because of when you dont have the columns(currentIdicator or expire date) in lkp table it will give this compile error