Datastage 8 from IBM Website

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavankvk
Participant

Datastage 8 from IBM Website

Post by pavankvk »

Hi

i have seen in some of Vincent's blogs that V8 is available for download. i have a IBM id and a partner world id. Still i am not able to download the software. i am lost in the site. There is one particular link that takes me to a page where it asks for Site Number. i don't understand what is this site number.

Did anyone download? also i am looking to see if i can get the SAP pack plug in for evaluation?

Vincent, please respond. thanks in advance.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Site Number is associated with your company purchased software serial number. No free download.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Passport Advantage is the place where you go to get this software. Try Find Downloads and Media and search through there. I have never been able to use Passport Advantage due to an approval process that does not work for a global company - even though I can access PartnerWorld.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Evidence that Google is better than any other search engine is that when you google "download information server" it lists a very useful IBM web page on how to download the Information Server. When you search the same term at IBM.com you get a page of listings that are complete rubbish. IBM.COM search is not a very good advertisement for IBM Yahoo Omnifind. You are better off googling. You can even google and restrict the search results to the ibm.com domain though I don't know how that works with all the different IBM-7 and IBM-8 domains.