Issue while executing SQL proc from DS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. If the database server does not send DataStage any information then there's no way that DataStage can act/react. And there are no settings within DataStage that govern which errors/warning are or are not sent from SQL Server. At least none of which I am aware.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sspreethi
Participant

Post by sspreethi »

I was working with IBM support for past 2 months and we just got a workaround for this issue. I was adviced by IBM to use before/after pre-sql only if the sql's are simple. In my case we have a very complex SQL server procedure call & had to be called only from Datstage due to few other contraints.
I thought I will share this here for people who see similar issues. The workaround is create VOC entry and invoke it using ExecTCL from Before-job routine (RUNPROC <server> <username> <passwd> <proc name> <param1> <param2>)

>ED VOC RUNPROC
New record.

----: I
0001= PA
0002= DS_CONNECT <<C2>>
0003= DATA <<C3>>
0004= DATA <<C4>>
0005= DATA EXEC <<C5>> <<C6>> <<C7>>;
0006= DATA .Q
0007=
Bottom at line 6.
----: FI
"RUNPROC" filed in file "VOC".

C2-DB connect string
C3-DB username
C4-DB password
C5-procedure name
C6,C7-parameters

Thanks,
Preethi
sspreethi
Participant

Post by sspreethi »

Hi All,
I understand that this is an entry in VOC database table of this project but I would like to know how to get this from DEV to UAT/PROD. Is there a way I can import VOC definitions or should I make similar manual entries in UAT & PROD environment.

Thanks,
Preethi.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no mechanism for migrating VOC entries from one project to another. You can create the VOC entry in the new project in the same way you did in the old, or you can create an entry in the old VOC that points to the new VOC, and copy the entry. Since you are unaware of the intricacies of the UniVerse COPY commands, I suggest the former approach.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.