getting status of Executecommand stage in sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddy.vinod
Participant

getting status of Executecommand stage in sequence

Post by reddy.vinod »

Hai,
I have a problem while designing sequence job.
My flow is like below
Exec1====>Exec2===>Exec3===>Exec4

Here i am executing one shell script with multiple parameters using 4 executecommand stages.

if exce1 is successfully completd then Exec2 will start.and exec3 and exec4 also depend on the successfull run of exec1.here we can also design job by taking 3 oupts from exec1 to other executecommand stages,but i want to run these stages in a single flow(means one after one).

So,i have to use the staus of exec1 stage in exec3.does we have any functions to return status of the execute command stage in sequence job.Can i use "Excutecommand.$returnvalue".will it return status of executecommand.could u please help me.
VINOD
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, you can use the Activity Variable $ReturnValue with the Execute Command stage name to check what exit status your command returned. There is also $CommandOutput if you need to check/pass whatever the command echoes to 'the screen'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

reddy.vinod wrote:could u please help me.
U's profile shows that he is still a beginner with DataStage. Did you intend to use the second person personal pronoun, which is spelled "you"?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.