concatenate 30 fields

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

just4u_sharath
Premium Member
Premium Member

concatenate 30 fields

Post by just4u_sharath »

I have a question. i would like to concatenate30 fields which i will get from input. To concatenate i dont like to use a transformer. Is there any other stage in Parallel extender which aids me in concatenating. Only requirement is to concatenate and i transformer should not be used
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, short of using an External Filter stage (which will run sequentially and slowly).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have a look at the Column Export stage, it lets you concatenate a number of columns of different datatypes into a single large varchar or binary data type. You can choose to pass some columns straight through the stage to ensure you only merge the 30 columns. You can set the delimiter to "none" for concatenation. With "Column Method" of "Explicit" you choose the columns by adding the "Column to Export" property 30 times and choosing columns from a drop down list. With "Column Method" set to "Schema File" you can maintain the list of columns to be merged in an external text schema file giving you almost no code or configuration to maintain in the stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Nice one. Please ignore my earlier absolute "no".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.