Regarding FTP stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bkumar103
Participant

Regarding FTP stage

Post by bkumar103 »

Hi,
I have to use the ftp stage to transfer one file from mainframe to the unix box. I dont have any documentaion available for this.
Does anybody has any information, how to use the ftp stage?
If any documentaion is available then it would be much usefull.

Thanks in advance
Birendra
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The documentation for the FTP stage is sufficient to use the stage, but it doesn't explain the complexities of using FTP on mainframe; the assumption is that you will get that information elsewhere.

Can you connect and transfer data using the command-line FTP program? If yes, then you can use FTP Stage as well.

I always recommend ensuring FTP works outside of DataStage first, then tackling any stage issues once that connectivity has been established.
rakesh.nc
Participant

Post by rakesh.nc »

How Can we connect and transfer data using the command-line FTP program? command line in the sense?

ArndW wrote:The documentation for the FTP stage is sufficient to use the stage, but it doesn't explain the complexities of using FTP on mainframe; the assumption is that you will get that information elsewhere.

Can you connect and transfer data using the command-line FTP program? If yes, then you can use FTP Stage as well.

I always recommend ensuring FTP works outside of DataStage first, then tackling any stage issues once that connectivity has been established.
regards,
Rakesh
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

You need to have FTP Service installed on your Unix server. You also need to know 'Mainframe host' information before you can try FTP Command.

Your Mainframe OSGroup should be able to help you with this information.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

From your csh or ksh or whatever shell you use, type in "ftp" and then see if you can connect to your host.