sql queries for stages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhay10
Participant

sql queries for stages

Post by abhay10 »

pls post sql queries for following stages

1>FUNNEL

2>AGGREGATOR

3>MERGE

4>PIVOT
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Code: Select all

select 'What do you mean?' from dual where stage_name in ('FUNNEL','AGGREGATOR','MERGE','PIVOT')
Sorry, but that's all that came to mind when I saw your post. Perhaps someone else has something more constructive, but I honestly have no idea what you are trying to find out here.

There are no 'sql queries' in those stages - sql queries would only be appropriate for database stages and even there you'd need to be more specific.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abhay10
Participant

Post by abhay10 »

chulett wrote:

select 'What do you mean?' from dual where stage_name in ('FUNNEL','AGGREGATOR','MERGE','PIVOT')
Sorry, but that's all that came to mind when I saw your post. Perhaps someone else has something more constructive, but I honestly have no idea what you are trying to find out here.

There are no 'sql queries' in those stages - sql queries would only be appropriate for database stages and even there you'd need to be more specific.
every stage performs an operation to pick data and give the output, this is done automatically in datastage, alternatively there will be some sql queries to do the task similar to performed by the various stages, i wanted those queries, hope u are clear now!!!
Havoc
Participant

Post by Havoc »

abhay10 wrote:
chulett wrote:

every stage performs an operation to pick data and give the output, this is done automatically in datastage, alternatively there will be some sql queries to do the task similar to performed by the various stages, i wanted those queries, hope u are clear now!!!

Funnel - UNION
AGGREGATOR - Multiple-Row functions (Grouping Functions)
Merge - INNER JOIN, LEFT OUTER JOIN

If you read the manual and have some SQL background i'm sure you could have figured that out.
Hope this helps!