How to enable clean up resource /performance monitor

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajay.prakash03
Participant

How to enable clean up resource /performance monitor

Post by ajay.prakash03 »

HI All

Can any one let me know to how to enable the cleanup resource/performance monitor. in Parallel job.

previously it was fine,but once we resarted the server..i am not getting the CLEANUP RESOURCE/PERFORMANCE MONITOR option while ruuing the job in parallel..

in server everything is working..

plz suggest ...
ds_sai
Participant

Post by ds_sai »

Hi,
Please check in the Administrator for the project properties inside that their is one tab called permissions in that check whether user role is Data stage developer or not?

Cheers,
ds_sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Cleanup Resources is a tool in Director, enabled from Administrator.

Performance monitor is an independent Java application (JobMonApp) that has its own start command, but which is typically setup to start automatically with DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ajay.prakash03
Participant

Post by ajay.prakash03 »

Hi ds_sai,
i done this from administraor, but still cleanup resource /performance monitor is not enable in designer.(i set user role is developer).

Please suggest ..

Ray ,if possible for you to let me know how to enable the (Cleanup Resources is a tool in Director, enabled from Administrator)..

And what sud i do for performance monitor. i am facing this issue only in case of parallel job.

Sud i again restart the server?

kindly sdvice...............
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You will need to open a new Director after changing the Administrator setting. You should not need to restart the services.

JobMonApp has its own start up program, from memory JobMonAppInit. Search the forum - it's here somewhere.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ajay.prakash03
Participant

do u mean to run this file

Post by ajay.prakash03 »

Hi ray ..
my clean up resource is working after enable option on administrator/restart the server..

For performance monitor..i am have this file ( JobMonApp.jar)

/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine.751.1.

let me know ray that whether i ahve to ran this fiel or ..
Any other method..

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, search the forums for JobMonApp - your issue with it has been asked and answered several times already.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers