Can't attach parameter from sequnce...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

stefanfrost1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can't attach parameter from sequnce...

Post by stefanfrost1 »

Hi,

I have a problem. I wish to attach a complete db command as a parameter to a generic job from a sequence. However I can't get it to work. The sequence log gives the following error statement

ArkAxboPermanentSekvens..JobControl (@AddPartitionToPermanentArchive): Controller problem: Error calling DSSetParam(DBCMD), code=-4
[ParamValue/Limitvalue is not appropriate]

Does this mean that the parameter is to long? More importantly, where can i look up these error messages or codes ?

Ps. I have run the specified command as a parameter to the job (stand-alone ) succesfully
-------------------------------------
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/bi-aj
my blog on delivering business intelligence using agile principles
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi,

Remove the parameter mapping from the job activity and hard-code the paramter value at the job activity level. I hope it is a string. Make sure you do not mention any double quotes as you would in a transformer.

If the above solution does not work try to reduce the size of the DB command i.e issue a simple command and check if that works.

HTH
--Rich
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is your parameter datatype, it seems as if the parameter contents are not valid for the type of parameter
stefanfrost1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by stefanfrost1 »

I got it working by adding some logic before triming the argument and adding \ before any ' sign....

Thanks.