Data Validations with DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Data Validations with DataStage

Post by Nicole »

I'm working on data validations using datastage. Prior to using DataStage for this, we had 3 primary tables that we extracted our data from and then we had a set of sql queries which we would run this data through.

I'm just trying to think of the best way to do this with DataStage. I would like to be able to reuse some of the sql statements, but i'm not sure of the best way to go about doing this. Should I extract the data from each of the tables and use it as input to a job with each job having a different sql statement? Is there a stage which would allow me to extract the data and then perform multiple sql statements against that set of data?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could, for the extraction part, use any of Lookup, Join or Merge stage - with an appropriate database-accessing stage feeding the secondary input. Multiple SQL statements - well, it depends. Can you give some idea of what these do? It may be easier to advise after that. For example, running the data through a Stored Procedure stage may be a possibility. But it may be more efficient to re-cast the logic into DataStage expressions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.