Issue with Duplicates

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Issue with Duplicates

Post by devsonali »

Hi All
I have the following error message when I try to insert records in D_UNIT_Measure table (SQL SERVER) , this has UOM_ID as the primary key and in indexes it shows up PK_D_UNIT_Measure(clustured) and UOM_IDX(Unique,Non Clustured) ?
I have problem in understanding the error as I know for sure that there are no duplicate or null value record for the column for which uom_idx is the index .
Please help me solving the same

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: [DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.D_UNIT_MEASURE' with unique index 'UOM_IDX'. [odbcUtils.C:1280]

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Clearly your understanding and SQL Server's do not coincide.

The mere fact that there are no duplicates in the source data means nothing if one value in the source matches a value already in the target table.

You must check, in your job flow, that this is not the case. Do a lookup against the target table (or against a copy of relevant rows from it).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.