stop sequence issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajendharreddy
Participant

stop sequence issue

Post by rajendharreddy »

Hi,

I have one sequence which calls another 5 jobs. In sequence, till 3rd job it calls individual jobs and has run succesfully and 4th job calls a batch file. But 4th job is not running. It seems to be hanging. I tried stopping the sequence, but it is not stopping. Sequence has been running for more than 24 hrs.

Can anybody tell me how to stop a sequence.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You don't really have a 'stop a Sequence' problem, that you do by clicking on the Stop button as you've already tried. You've got a much more specific problem - how to stop a hung batch file, something the Sequence itself can't easily stop.

I would suggest you find the process of the batch file itself and 'kill' that, however one would do that on a Windows server. The Sequence will then notice. The question then is, why did the batch file hang? Without having any idea what it is doing, the typical reason would be it is prompting for a response and waiting for someone to say "yes, that's OK!", something which will never come.

We'd need to know more about exactly what your batch file is doing to give any other advice.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers