Environment variables in different environment not working

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

parag.s.27
Participant

Environment variables in different environment not working

Post by parag.s.27 »

We are having a development project where we have defined many environment variables.
Few of these are for database connection properties such as connection credentials.

Now when we are exporting the jobs to a new environment where all the environment variables are same as dev env, only the value of database credentials are changing, then the jobs are getting abort signal.

The name of the environment variables are same only value is changed for database connection authentication.

Rest all Env variables are working fine when we change the values. Can anyone suggest a reason for it and any solution if any?
Thanks & Regards
Parag Saundattikar
Certified for Infosphere DataStage v8.0
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you move the environment variable definitions to the new project? They are not automatically moved by the export/import process - though the job parameters that refer to them are.

You need to copy the relevant lines from the DSParams file in the old project and paste them into the DSParams file in the new project then, possibly, edit their default values either in the DSParams file itself or using the Administrator client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
parag.s.27
Participant

Post by parag.s.27 »

I have created the same environment variables in the new environment with same name but did not migrate the param files.

But if I am creating the same environment variables in the new environment then why I need to copy the DSParams file contents in the new environment.
Thanks & Regards
Parag Saundattikar
Certified for Infosphere DataStage v8.0
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't. But in your original post you did not mention that you had created the environment variables in the new project.

Please post the exact message being logged when the jobs abort in the new project. Also check (in the "job starting..." event in the job log) that the job parameter values are being set correctly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.