Create XML Chunks in Parallel Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

basiltarun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Create XML Chunks in Parallel Jobs

Post by basiltarun »

I have been creating XML files in Server jobs using Hash Files to create XML Chunks by giving the 'Data Element' as XML.

I need to recreate the same thing in Parallel jobs, but am unable to find the XML DataElements in the DatSets or other stages. How does one create XML Chunks of data to be looked up and added into a XML file. WHich stages do I use to create the chunk into and can I use it as a lookup to add into the XML stage or is there another way?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...from an XML Stage perspective, the technique is the same....the differences are in storage and getting to know how variable length strings work in EE. Create the chunks using XMLOutput Stage, as you would normally, and store them wherever you need for later use in one of the relation stages (there are more options here than in Server). Putting them together in a final XMLOutput will require the same XML data element, which tells the stage not to "XML-ize" the string (not to escape all its tags).

Let us know how it goes.

This is kind of like the issues with reading xml....there's no Folder stage, so you have to do things a bit differently, but once you are in the Stage, it's business as usual.

Ernie