Using filter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

balu124
Participant

Using filter

Post by balu124 »

Hi All,
I need to design a job which includes a filter ,in filter I need to filterout the incomming data and route it to three files by mentioning the different conditions(Ex emp no =10,emp no =20 ,and third one is reject rows.
I did in this way in filter properties tab I mentioned the where clause and link number and in corresponding files ,given the file path.

The data is comming from the source to filter but from that it wont.

I am getting the following error
Filter_7,1: The filter operator requires more outputs than it has been configured for. It has 3, it needs 12.

Can any one suggests to resolve this error? and also requested you to provide what are all the properties to mention in the filter
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post your complete set of WHERE specifications from your Filter stage. Without them it is impossible to advise.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
balu124
Participant

Post by balu124 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Please post your complete set of WHERE specifications from your Filter stage. Without them it is impossible to advise. ...
Hi ray ,
I mentioned the where clause like this

where clause = SID = EA1267D

under that subproperty is output link = 4( Ihave given the output link number)
This is for first file I do it for the second and third

also please suggest how to set the reject property and mention the file name for the rejected rows, in filter.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The complete set, if you please. The message suggests that you have nominated link number 11 somewhere (numbering starts from 0). We need to determine whether that is the case. You can post the relevant section of the generated OSH if you prefer.

As for a rejects link, draw an additional output link from the Filter stage. Right click on that link, and choose Convert to Reject from the menu.
Then open the Filter stage and set the Output Rejects property to True.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
balu124
Participant

Post by balu124 »

ray.wurlod wrote:The complete set, if you please. The message suggests that you have nominated link number 11 somewhere (numbering starts from 0). We need to determine whether that is the case. You can post the rel ...
Hi ray ,
I changed the link names ,numbered from 0 ,it works fine.
In this case I have given the condition for last link also ,I wish to do without mentioning the condition by setting the reject property to load all remaining rows into last file .
Please suggests the way and what are the options that I need to enable in the source ,in the filter ,in the target.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Without a reject link (which is what you originally asked about) your final WHERE condition needs to contain the logical inverse of the combination of all your other WHERE conditions. For example column <> value1 AND column <> value2 AND column <> value3...
balu124
Participant

Post by balu124 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Without a reject link (which is what you originally asked about) your final WHERE condition needs to contain the logical inverse of the combination of all your other WHERE conditions. For example col ...
hi ray ,
My requirement is like this ,I has one source and using the filter I need to send the data to three target by putting the different conditions,I didthe same for first two files ,for the third one I wish to use reject option insted of putting condition for that also.

what are the properties I need to enable in the properties tab of filter?
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

I didthe same for first two files ,for the third one I wish to use reject option insted of putting condition for that also.
I guess Ray has already replied to this query. :roll: Read Ray's second previous reply.
balu124
Participant

Post by balu124 »

balajisr wrote:
I didthe same for first two files ,for the third one I wish to use reject option insted of putting condition for that also.
I guess Ray has already replied to this query. :roll: Read Ray's second previous reply.
I am able to view the part of the message ,what should I do to view the full message
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

You need to buy premium membership. Certainly worth it.