Date Conversion

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

batswon
Participant

Date Conversion

Post by batswon »

Hi,

I have a date conversion to do. The incoming source date format is in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss (i.e 1/1/2005 0:00:00) but I have to convert it into yyyy-mm-dd format. i.e (2005-01-01) How can I do it.

Please reply,

Thankyou
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

StageVar : field(In.Col,' ',1) : "/"

field(StageVar,'/',3) : "-" : if Len(field(StageVar,'/',1)) = 1 then 0:field(StageVar,'/',1) else field(StageVar,'/',1) : "-" : if Len(field(StageVar,'/',2)) = 1 then 0:field(StageVar,'/',2) else field(StageVar,'/',2)

Yup. This should work. the first is stage variable derivation and the second is the output field derivation in the transformer.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is the data type of the input column? It needs to be a string of some kind for Maveric's suggestion to work; if it's a date or timestamp you need to apply appropriate conversion functions. Given that you have one- or two-digit days and months adds complexity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Raamc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raamc »

Hi,

Here is the alternative way.

If your input is of type STRING then try out the following method.

SVmonth : If Len(DateVar[1,2])=1 Then 0:Trim(DateVar[1,2]) Else DateVar[1,2]

SVDay: If Len(DateVar[4,2])=1 Then 0:Trim(DateVar[4,2]) Else DateVar[1,2]
SVyear : DateVar(7,4]

FinalOP : SVyear:'-':SVmonth:'-':SVday

// SVmonth,SVDay,SVyear are staging Variables.