Modify Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mcs_murali83
Participant

Modify Stage

Post by mcs_murali83 »

row generator---->modifystage----->target

In my row generator, i am having two columns as

name,id
xxxxx,12
yyyyy,13
zzzzzz,14

for name, my datatype is varchar
but in id, my datatype is varchar bcos i m unable to define the datatype as integer in row generator. so i have given as varchar for column 'id'.
using modify stage how can i convert the datatype from 'varchar' to 'integer' for the column 'id'.

Pls solve the issue.
Murali
dsedi
Participant

Post by dsedi »

in the row generator uyou will be able to specify the data type as integer!
also you can use some function like decimal_from_string to get the numeric output!

In the developers guide you will get a lot of info.

Edi
dsdev_123
Participant

Post by dsdev_123 »

should be a defualt conversion. try giving integer on the target side. but i am not sure.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Professionalism Note
Please eschew SMS-style abbreviations. DSXchange is not a mobile phone; we expect a professional standard of writing.

The Row Generator can generate data in any of the simple data types, of which Integer is one.

(It can not generate vectors or subrecords, which are non-simple data types.)

Perhaps you would like to justify your assertion
mcs_murali83 wrote:i m unable to define the datatype as integer in row generator
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
siva.k82
Participant

Re: Modify Stage

Post by siva.k82 »

mcs_murali83 wrote:row generator---->modifystage----->target

In my row generator, i am having two columns as

name,id
xxxxx,12
yyyyy,13
zzzzzz,14

for name, my datatype is varchar
but in id, my datatype is varchar bcos i m unable to define the datatype as integer in row generator. so i have given as varchar for column 'id'.
using modify stage how can i convert the datatype from 'varchar' to 'integer' for the column 'id'.

Pls solve the issue.
i will give small example of type convertion please find below type convertion function
Column_Name=type_conversion('Column_Name')
the same example you need to specify in the stage specification.......propertybox.
sivaram
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think that mcs_murali wanted the exact function to use, not the syntax of a Specification property. Further, I am fairly sure it was wanted a month ago.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.