Failed running a 2-node job on distinct machines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is PXEngine mounted/visible on the other machine?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nataliacrespo
Participant

Same problem

Post by nataliacrespo »

Hi!
I have the same problem.

##F IIS-DSEE-TFPM-00113 09:04:58(000) <APT_CheckConfigOperator,0> Fatal Error: Unable to start ORCHESTRATE network connection on node node01(server): COMPLETEWAIT failed: parallel APT_CheckConfigOperator(0,0)

{node "node01"
{fastname "serverDS"
pools ""
resource disk "/data/ds/dwhbar/node01/resource" {pools ""}
resource scratchdisk "/data/ds/dwhbar/node01/scratch" {pools ""}
}
node "db2node1"
{fastname "serverDB2"
pools "db2"
resource disk "/tmp" {pools ""}
resource scratchdisk "/tmp" {pools ""}
}
}

I have mounted PXEngine on the DB2 machine in the same path.

Someone could help us?

Thanks a lot.
dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Same problem

Post by dsusr »

I am not able to recall this but I have done this in past nearly 2 years ago where I have tried to use the resources from the other server.I have even posted the complete solution for that, it seems you may need to enable some of the Environment variables if your rsh is working properly.

Just check if you are able to logon from one box to another with rsh and without any prompt for password.

Also would like to inform you that the performance would be really bad if you have less than 1GBPS link between both the servers [ this is the comment from IBM when I was doing this set-up ]

-------
dsusr
dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Same problem

Post by dsusr »

See this post http://dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=97 ... 1e99f3db07

Steps:-

1) check if you are able to login on both the servers using rsh ( without prompt ) for password.

2) Please put an entry for both the hosts in /etc/hosts file of both the servers. Change the localhost entry to the REALIP with HOSTNAME

3) If yes then just go and check your configuration file using the configuration file utility.

In addition to this if you are trying to use a transformer stage in your job then you may need to enable the Environment variable APT_COPY_TRANSFORM_OPERATOR.

let us know if your problem is resolved.

-----
dsusr
nataliacrespo
Participant

Post by nataliacrespo »

We are using ssh and it is configured without asking password.

I made the configuration file using the configuration file utility.

Thanks!
dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsusr »

As far as I know it needs a remote shell (rsh) capability between both the servers and not ssh. If you can go through the Install and Upgrade guide then it is clearly mentioned over there.
nataliacrespo
Participant

Post by nataliacrespo »

I have the manual "Configuration IBM Information Server" and in the Chapter 5 it talks about the procedure of configuring ssh. (page 67).

I suppose that it is the same for Datastage.

Thks.
nataliacrespo
Participant

Post by nataliacrespo »

I rewrite the manual:

"
Configuring the parallel engine to use ssh:

You can use Secure Shell (ssh) with the parallel engine instead of rsh. The ssh program provides strong authentication and secure communications between computers on a network ....
"