FLTABSZ setting has any relation with DSJE_TIMEOUT?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

videsh77
Premium Member
Premium Member

FLTABSZ setting has any relation with DSJE_TIMEOUT?

Post by videsh77 »

Hi

We are getting following error

Status code = -14 DSJE_TIMEOUT
Error Return from ascential job with error code 255

consistently on random jobs when tried to run at same time. Those jobs which got aborted have one thing in common, they all read files from disk. The number of jobs aborted at the same time were always 11.

I tried further investigation with DSEngine & found in uvconfig have a setting named 'FLTABSZ' is set to 11. It says - it sets number of file lock entries in a file lock semaphore set.

I have a Qn - The setting for 'FLTABSZ' has any obligation with job timeouts? Would increating value associated for 'FLTABSZ' will affect in I/O subsystem?
Thanks with regards,
videsh.
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Videsh,

How long are these jobs running for?

Find out what is the Inactivity Timeout set in Datastage Administrator.

Check if the jobs are running for a longer time than that specified in the Inactivity Timeout.

Also do a search on DSJE. There are many error codes.

Increasing the Inactivity Timeout resolved the issue in our case.

HTH
--Rich
videsh77
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by videsh77 »

Hi Richdhan

We get this error mentioned when job is accessed to run by scheduling component. Interestingly in DS Director, we dont get the log of this message, as this was a timeout.

Its more I could see many number of jobs try to read files from the disk. Also which environment variable best defines inactivity timeout 'APT_????'?
Thanks with regards,
videsh.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

FLTABSZ sets the depth of the file (table) lock table in memory, FSEMNUM sets the breadth of the lock table in memory. Neither would cause a timeout error - if FLTABSZ were too small you might get a "lock table full" fatal error, but this would be quick, not a timeout.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
videsh77
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by videsh77 »

This means FLTABSZ has no relation with timeout error.

As the sequential files which are read, are not Big. Some of them are empty. Hence for this DataStage job, which is being run in multiple instance reading these sequential files, which setting can solve this problem of timeouts?

As we have many other DataStage jobs which are running in parallel & have DB iteraction, never got this sort of an error.
Thanks with regards,
videsh.