handling nulls from dataset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsdev_123
Participant

handling nulls from dataset

Post by dsdev_123 »

Hi,

I am extracting the data from oracle where a column QT is defined as integer.i am transferring the data from oracle stage to dataset.I am using modify stage in between. the column QT is nullable and i need to handle null values with blankspace.i tried using

QT=handle_null(QT, " ")

job shoes error saying it is a bad literal.Is there any way i can handle null values from QT (integer) and replace with blank spaces by using modify stage.

Thanks
pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: handling nulls from dataset

Post by pravin1581 »

dsdev_123 wrote:Hi,

I am extracting the data from oracle where a column QT is defined as integer.i am transferring the data from oracle stage to dataset.I am using modify stage in between. the column QT is nullable and i need to handle null values with blankspace.i tried using

QT=handle_null(QT, " ")

job shoes error saying it is a bad literal.Is there any way i can handle null values from QT (integer) and replace with blank spaces by using modify stage.

Thanks

I guess there is some mistake in the syntax the way handle_null function has been used.

It should be

Code: Select all

QT:integer=handle_null(QT, " ")