I receive fatal errors from Parallel job in DS v8

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Baski
Participant

I receive fatal errors from Parallel job in DS v8

Post by Baski »

I'm migrating DS Jobs from 7x to v8. All the servers are running fine. But, all of my Parallel job errors while running. My server jobs use the same Db2 database as Parallel jobs. Does anyone has any idea? Appreciate your valuable reply

Item #: 20
Event ID: 19
Timestamp:: 2007-11-12 15:23:33
Type: Fatal
User Name: dsadm
Message:: MARKET1,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.

Item #: 21
Event ID: 20
Timestamp:: 2007-11-12 15:23:33
Type: Info
User Name: dsadm

Item:22

APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),0: Fatal Error: Fatal: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0124E Invalid argument value. SQLSTATE=HY009
DSTAGE-DB2CLI-0005`:`Unable to connect to DB2 server 'NOTLIKELYDSCAPIOP_$DWDBNameNOTLIKELY'

main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 1 - Unexpected exit status 1.
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

Looks like the same problem as this thread - ie. its not translating your environment variable.

As I said to other poster (who hasn't replied yet):
Instead of running the job, try View Data from the DB2 stage in the designer window.

There is a bug in the Dynamic RDBMS stage (at least in v whereby it DOES recognise environment variables when you View Data, but does NOT when you run the job.

Possibly the same bug exists in the DB2 stage
Ross Leishman
Baski
Participant

DB2 API stage in Parallel jobs

Post by Baski »

Thanks for your reply. How does DB2 API stage work in server jobs? I have couple of server jobs with DB2 API stage, they all ran fine. THis issue is only with Parallel job.

Thanks again..
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

I don't know about the DB2 stage, but the Dynamic RDBMS stage works fine with Environment Variables in Server but fails in Parallel.

It seems likely to me that DB2 is the same.

We raised the Dynamic RDBMS problem with IBM - demonstrating how it worked with the VIEW DATA button but not at runtime - and they accepted that it was a bug. They do not yet have a patch.

I believe that they were unaware of the Dynamic RDBMS bug. If DB2 suffers the same problem (you are yet to prove this by trying the View Data button) then it should be raised as a bug with IBM. I should think they would be resonably embarrassed to find that their ETL tool does not integrate properly with their own database.

As a work-around, try the DB2 Enterprise Stage.
Ross Leishman
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: I receive fatal errors from Parallel job in DS v8

Post by sjfearnside »

I had an error with the same message and found out the the client did not have the correct fixpack installed. Check the version.xml file under the C:\IBM\InformationServer directory on your workstation to ensure that the fixpack1 or fixpack1a has been applied successfully.

APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),0: Fatal Error: Fatal: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0124E Invalid argument value. SQLSTATE=HY009
DSTAGE-DB2CLI-0005`:`Unable to connect to DB2 server 'NOTLIKELYDSCAPIOP_$DWDBNameNOTLIKELY'