XML Input Stage fails - The name '{0}' is not a valid NCName

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML Input Stage fails - The name '{0}' is not a valid NCName

Post by sjordery »

.Hi All,

We have a job running on 7.5.2 that looks like this:

Seq File ----> XML Input ------> TFM -----> Seq File

The first sequential file contains a single column of longvarchar to store the incoming XML. This then goes via the XML input stage and a transformer to the last sequential file. The output columns from the XML input stage are a table definition imported from an xsd schema file.

The job is running fine, but now needs to be run on v8.01. I exported/imported, moved the relevant files etc across and ran the job. It fails on the new server with:

MyJobName..MyXmlInputStage: The name '{0}' is not a valid NCName.
expression = ':EntitySymbology' Remaining tokens are: ()

I have tried taking off the validation option, I have tried unchecking the namespace tickbox, but to no avail. Any ideas here would be gratefully received. I did a search on the forum, but whilst there are similar issues, none of them appear to have been resolved.

Thanks in advance.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

It's a known bug for version 8.0. You need to apply the fix for eCase 117664.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...the anomaly mentioned above, and the fix, correct an issue with namespaces. If you want to be certain in the meantime, the job will probably work if you edit out the namespace details.....that will be difficult (don't even bother) if the namespaces are used extensively in all your tags and your meta data, but not hard if they are only at the top element of your document, which is often the case.
sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjordery »

Thanks both very much for the assistance, much appreciated - I'll have a play and see if I can get the patch in place.

Cheers,
S
sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjordery »

Patch applied as per the advice above and this error is a thing of the past!

Thanks again all for the assistance :D