TERADATA...what does it mean by DB option.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajay.prakash03
Participant

TERADATA...what does it mean by DB option.

Post by ajay.prakash03 »

Hi all,

i have to extract the data from teradata and load into dataset.
It,s straight dumping of data from teradata to dataset. but i ahve facing one issue ..i am getting this error everytime i am running the job But same jobs ran well for last month.i ahve to run the jobs on monthly basis.

warning=Teradata_Enterprise_0: There will be some skew in the usage of the server because the number of players (1) is not evenly
divided by the number of available nodes ( 4).
Fatal error=Teradata_Enterprise_0: TeraSync:
DB Call Failure(success check) Info = 0, Code = 3153,
Message = TWM Workload violation: User Limit of 2 concurrent sessions,
For object NO_NOR_ANJALI, Regulation applies from 00:00 to 24:00error code = 1
TeraSync:DB Call Failure(success check) Info = 0, Code = 3153,
Message = TWM Workload violation: User Limit of 2 concurrent sessions, For object NO_NOR_ANJALI, Regulation applies from 00:00 to 24:00 error code = 1
DBCAREA msg_txt: Completed successfully. CLI Error Message: Completed successfully.
APT_TeraSync::connect: connect (0) failed. server = " manthan", Default db = "B_BusinessUser "
", user = "NO_NOR_ANJALI", password = "****"

some jobs error is=
main_program: Fatal Error:
APT_TeraSync: could not create operator sync table.

In DB option= user='NO_NOR_ANJALI',password='********',
SessionsPerPlayer=2,RequestedSessions=2

What does it mean by"SessionsPerPlayer=2,RequestedSessions=2"
that means i can ran singale job at one time...

Plz suggest me wht to do..
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

This is the first month you are getting this warning?
So what changed between last month and now?
1. The number of Vprocs in Teradata? Probably not.
2. The config file for the job? Could be.
3. The userid running the job? Could be.

The Teradata Enterprise Stage uses SessionsPerPlayer and RequestedSessions to create processes that get the data from Teradata.
These processes will feed/map/partition the data into the number of nodes you've defined in the job's config file. If you do nothing and default both these values the RequestedSessions will equal the number of Vprocs (AMPS) on your Teradata system or the maximum number of available sessions. The SessionsPerPlayer will be one to one with RequestedSessions if defaulted.
On a large system this could be a lot of processes or connections to Teradata.
The specific error you are receiving is because there are less connections to Teradata (Player=1) to get data then the number of nodes available (4). 1 doesn't divide evenly into 4. This means some of the nodes will get no data. In other words, the data will be skewed.
A possible solution; Run the stage with SessionsPerPlayer=1, RequestedSessions=1 and restrict the stage to running on a single node. this way everybody is in sync. you'll then have to re-partition into 4 nodes for the rest of the job.
Another:Go cheesy by using a Message Handler and demote the warning to Informational.

Another problem you are having is that the Teradata database to which the Teradata Stage is attempting to create and write into the Terasync table is not available to the userid you are using. Solution: get the requisite permissions to the Database OR use the Additional DB connections Options property of WORKDB=<A DB the userid DOES have permissions to>
Ronetlds
Participant

Post by Ronetlds »

3153 TWM Workload violation: %VSTR
Explanation: This error occurs if a logon request is
aborted by Teradata TWM for a Workload Limit violation.
Check currently active Teradata TWM rules.
Generated By: Dispatcher.
For Whom: End User.

Remedy: Wait for system activity to subside or contact
your TWM Administrator.

Maybe a conversation regarding any Workload Limit changes with the Teradata Admin might help.

The bad skewicity is just a warning, the error is the Workload Limit violation. (don't look up the word skewicity, I made it up)