Txansformer Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vbeeram
Participant

Txansformer Issue

Post by vbeeram »

Hi All,

I have this job where i need to make the transformer wait untill a certain function has completed processing.
Well i have the data where i'm hash partitioning it based col1 .i need to pass this data to the o/p file .
but the issue is here when the data has passed in all the values of one group of Col1 i'm suppose to perform certain function. while this is getting executed i must stop the transformer from sending the next data to the file . once this fucntion is completed then the TX has to start sending the the second set of data.
AND Not to Forget all this should be performed in Parallel

Here is wht i have done , i have created a certain file with one column having 2 records only ( for testing purpose ) where the value of the col1 should be like this

for the first record the value is A1 and for the next one should be B1

I'm passing this file to a TX where i have created stage variables
SV1: prevvalue ( of col1)
SV2 :Curernt Value ( of Col1)
SV3: ( if SV1 = SV2) or (@ROWNUM =1 ) then 1 else 0
SV4: if SV2 = 0 then Call(func) esle 0

Now the clol1 from input is mapped to the output link

(NOTE : the function takes exactly 90 sec to complete )

Now my problem is the first data should be passed to the o/p file before the function starts executing , but it is not doing so .both the records are gettin written at the end after the func has completed its execution.

Any idea in how to pass the first record before the function is executed?

Any Suggestion would be highly appreciated

Thanks