Designer not responding

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mak7588
Participant

Designer not responding

Post by mak7588 »

Hello All -

I'm currently unable to open the DataStage Designer. When I enter my password and try to attach to a project I get the pop up to create a new job or open an existing one. Regardless of which option I select the Designer does not fully open. It appears at the program bar on the bottom of the screen but I can't see the actual Designer. None of the other programmers here are having this problem.

Currently I'm waiting for someone from our desktop team to come look at my PC, in the meantime I thought I'd see if anyone had suggestions. I am able to open the Administrator, Manager, and Director, though if I try to use the tools -> Run Designer option from any of those I run into the same problem. I already tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the client, and rebooting my PC.

I'm running version 7.5.2 on Unix.

Thanks for any suggestions!
mallikarjuna36
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Designer not responding

Post by mallikarjuna36 »

delete crash files.It may be the problem..
mallikarjuna36
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mallikarjuna36 »

delete crash files.It may be the problem..
mak7588
Participant

Post by mak7588 »

mallikarjuna36 wrote:delete crash files.It may be the problem..
I'm not sure what you mean by "crash files"
mallikarjuna36
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mallikarjuna36 »

in /var/crash there is core files will be located.The dircetory of this /var/crash has reached to 100 %.Thats why you are getting these messages.
mallikarjuna36
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mallikarjuna36 »

in /var/crash there is core files will be located.The dircetory of this /var/crash has reached to 100 %.Thats why you are getting these messages.
mak7588
Participant

Post by mak7588 »

mallikarjuna36 wrote:in /var/crash there is core files will be located.The dircetory of this /var/crash has reached to 100 %.Thats why you are getting these messages.
There doesn't appear to be a /var/crash file on the box where DS is installed. Plus I'm not getting error messages, I can't see the Designer but there's no error. No one else in our shop is having problems (I can use my ID on their computers as well) so it doesn't seem like it would be a UNIX issue.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If your client is running Windows XP sp 2 do you have the DataStage xpsp2 patch installed?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mak7588
Participant

Post by mak7588 »

Thanks. I finally got that installed and things seem to be working better.