Error message "APT_BadAlloc: Heap allocation failed&quo

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error message "APT_BadAlloc: Heap allocation failed&quo

Post by abc123 »

I am working in Datastage 8 in a Linux Grid environment. The config file is created dynamically. My job is writing to a MQ Connector stage from a tranformer. I have also tested with setting the APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to True. I am getting this error on the MQ connector stage:

MQConnectorStage,0: Operator terminated abnormally: Terminating with exception: APT_BadAlloc: Heap allocation failed.

I looked at the scratch disk space at: /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Scratch

It is empty. The job aborts after it has written about 710000 rows out of 1 million rows.

I know DS8 in a Linux Grid is a new area and very few people have used it but I would appreciate it if anybody could shed any light on it. Thanks.
vikasjawa
Participant

Re: Error message "APT_BadAlloc: Heap allocation failed

Post by vikasjawa »

Hi,
This may be due to 2GB limit of your OS. Check whether the intermediate files being created are exceeding the limit. ulimit command can be used to check that.
Vikas Jawa
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

ulimit returns unlimited
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Monitor scratch disk during execution, not before or after.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.