Heap allocation failure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rramprasad78
Participant

Heap allocation failure

Post by rramprasad78 »

Hi,

I have a parallel job that uses a ODBC stage as input for a netezza table. There are joins with other tables and the records ranges from hundreds to millions. After transformations and lookups, are loaded into the target table in netezza.
The job validates correctly, however, when i run the job after few hours (3 to 4 hrs) of execution, comes up with a Heap allocation failure error. Has anybody faced this sort of a problem and possible solutions that can help in resolving the issue?

All help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Thanks,
ram
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.
The forum in which you have chosen to post is called "DSXchange Testimonials", and is intended for posts that heap praise upon the site.
Please post afresh in the Enterprise Edition forum, which is the appropriate place for questions relating to parallel jobs.
Before you do that, however, Search the forum - you will find that the answer to your question already exists.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.