Transformer warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Murali518
Participant

Transformer warning

Post by Murali518 »

Hi all,
When I run a job which is having specific partition type for a tranformer stage, I'm getting the below warning:-
Transformer_18: Input Dataset 0 has partitioning other than Entire specified; disabling memory sharing.

Can anyone tell me why it is coming and how to stop it.

thanks,
Murali.
Murali
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome!

Actually, you can discover on your own what your warning message is all about by Searching the forums. Take a portion of your message not specific to your job - say, "has partitioning other than Entire specified; disabling memory sharing" - and do an Exact Match search. You'll find it has been discussed here in the past.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kool78
Participant

Post by kool78 »

This is a known bug in DataStage, if you explicity specify a partition in Transformer Stage it throws this Warning message.

You can add this warning to an Existing Message handler or new Message handler in your project and demote it to Informational.
"Attitude always and almost determines the altitude of your Life"
michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by michaeld »

The other thing you can do is insert a COPY stage just before your transforer and set the partitioning there. In the transforer just leave it as default(AUTO). This worked for me. I hate DataStage, but at least it pays my mortgage:-)
Mike
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

kool78 wrote:This is a known bug in DataStage, if you explicity specify a partition in Transformer Stage it throws this Warning message.

You can add this warning to an Existing Message handler or new Message handler in your project and demote it to Informational.
It's not a bug, as I've explained before. It's an alert that the designers of DataStage felt ought to be issued.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.