lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

krishna379
Participant

lookup

Post by krishna379 »

hi
i want clearly give me information about the lookup
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

The Lookup stage is one of many stages you can use in a parallel job. Its task is to retrieve zero or more rows from a data set that match supplied key value(s).

For more information read the chapter on the Lookup stage in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide

Attending an entry-level class on DataStage Enterprise Edition would help, too.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mcs@rajesh
Participant

Post by mcs@rajesh »

hi pal, well lookup is a stage which reflects all the updates or changes in the master table in to the target...
mcs_giri
Participant

Post by mcs_giri »

hai krish,lookup will reflect the changes in the target by the source so that if the row is existing one then it is updated and it is new one then should be inserted.
GIRIDHARANJ
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The previous two posts are woefully inadequate, in that they only refer to one of the tasks that can be performed using a Lookup stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.