About the Filter Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hello105
Participant

About the Filter Stage

Post by hello105 »

Hi all,

When i use the filter stage,can i use the bracket in the where clause?

for example,the where clause maybe like this: a = 3 or (b = 2 and c = 4) or (d=5 and e =6)

can this be ok?? thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Why not try it, or look in the on-line help or in the Parallel Job Developers Guide (the chapter on the Filter stage)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hello105
Participant

Post by hello105 »

i install the datastage in the windows platform,so it can not run the parallel job

maybe someone can help me,thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

hello105 wrote:i install the datastage in the windows platform,so it can not run the parallel job
Then you don't need the Filter stage. Even if you only have server jobs, you can read the Parallel Job Developer's Guide - it is one of the standard manuals set.
There is a version of DataStage (7.5x2) that supports parallel job design and execution on Windows platforms. Version 8.x also supports parallel job design on Windows.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mcs_dineshm
Participant

Post by mcs_dineshm »

yeah,it's possible to use brackets in the filter stage, i tried it's working.
dineshm