creating sequential file in dos mode

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

landaghaar
Participant

creating sequential file in dos mode

Post by landaghaar »

When I create files in DataStage, and opening them with notepad, all are in one line, they are in unix format.

is there a way to write in dos format? with carriage return and line feed characters?

it can be done in server but not in parallel. or at least i couldnt find the option.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

In the Sequential File stage, Format tab, Add "Record Delimiter String" and set it to "DOS Format". It will automatically remove "Record Delimiter = UNIX Newline" if it is present.

The reason it is a "string" instead of just a delimiter is that the DOS end of line has a carriage return and a line feed, as opposed to UNIX which just has a line feed. That's why when you view a DOS file in UNIX you see a visible ^M at the end of the line.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's just Notepad. Use Word; it can "translate" the UNIX line terminators. Maybe WordPad can too, I've never tried it. I usually use Word (or UltraEdit) because I usually want to see line numbers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.