multiple instancing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

UPS
Premium Member
Premium Member

multiple instancing

Post by UPS »

I have a job that runs on multiple insancing using a shell scripting...it is a job that extracts data from an Oracle database and puts it into a dataset...The shell script triggers this job mutilple times in the background all at a time...
when I run this script(which in turn runs the job) it runs fine for small number of instances(i.e..,say 10) but if I run the job for more number of instances like 40 it runs for only 14 instances and the other instances says erro running the job"TIMED OUT" .One thing that is for sure is there is lot of free disc space on the cpu while the job is running...so I am positive that is it not due to the disc space available...can someone help me know i there is any setting that I got to change for running more number of instances at a time
THANK YOU
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's no magic setting to help when you run more jobs than your system can handle. Suggest you do an Exact Search for your actual error message - "timed out while waiting for an event" - and start reading.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers